2021 Chisago County Fair Amateur Talent Show Sunday, July 25, 2021 at 1:00 PM
Yes, that’s right. You bring the talent! Now is the time to let your talent shine. Singing, dancing, juggling, whatever your talent is, now is your chance to show case that talent. The Chisago County Fair Talent Show is open to all amateur entertainers. Professionals (union musicians or those whose talent is a principal source of income) are not permitted to enter.
Anyone interested must submit an entry form along with a $15 entry fee to Jaime Holmstrom, 45875 Galaxy Avenue, Harris, MN 55032 before July 16, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a first- come basis with a goal total of 20 contestants. If a contestant has won the Chisago County Amateur Talent contest, they would only be allowed to compete in the open division in that contest the following year. Open division winner is not eligible to compete at any level the following year.
1) Categories: (Ages as of Contest Day) Accompanists, when not a part of the act, may be any age. In the case of a duet or group, the oldest member will determine the age category. A. Open: 19 and over (younger may choose to compete in this group) B. Teen: 13-18 years C. Pre-teen: 12 years and under
(2) Facilities: We will use an outdoor stage unless otherwise announced.
(3) Sound Equipment: A microphone system and CD player will be available.
(4) Performance Time: The time limit is 4 minutes. Points will be marked off for contestants going overtime. Musical groups and vocalists are allowed to perform a medley of songs but must remain within the time limit.
(5) Prizes: A. Open: 1st Place - Trophy, $50, State Fair 2nd Place- Trophy B. Teen: 1st Place - Trophy, $50, State Fair 2nd Place- Trophy C. Pre-Teen: 1st Place - Trophy, $50, State Fair 2nd Place- Trophy
(6) Guidelines for Judges: Judges will be evaluating on the following criteria: Audience appeal, content, performance, staging and costuming.
(7) No act will be allowed to add contestants. If contestants. If contestants drop, the act may perform but will not be allowed to compete for prizes if the remaining members do not meet age rules listed in number one based on original registration.
(8) Practice Session: It is required that all contestants come to practice on the stage on Sunday at 10 a.m. A time limit of 10 minutes per contestant will be allowed. Audio equipment may not be available.
(9) Acts having a technical problem are asked to stop immediately and ask for assistance.
(10) Accompaniment: Vocalists may use recorded accompaniment, provided it contains instrumental accompaniment ONLY; absolutely no vocals are allowed on the recording. For recorded accompaniment, a CD is required.
Great food and plenty of a variety of events for everyone to watch.
"I have been taking my daughters to the county fairs in the area for years! it shows the efforts and hard works of members of club such as the 4-H, visiting the history buildings shows heritage, and preserves the work ethic that has been passed down in this community for years! And a great way for the community to get together,.. and of course the foods all the foods!!!"